Parks are a dime a dozen these days, but there’s only one that pops to mind when you mention it in Austin: Zilker Park. Considered to be the city’s most loved area, Zilker Park is a 350-acre paradise for children and adults. Special events and musical festivals are held there regularly and there’s miles of nature trails to explore. Beautiful clusters of trees line the park, providing shade for visitors and great areas for picnics. The Barton Springs Pool is also a hidden gem within Zilker Park, allowing everyone to cool off from the Austin sun and have some fun swimming.
Zilker Park Features:
- Barton Springs Pool — A 3-acre pool fed by an underground spring. Temperature stays around 68 degrees year-round
- Zilker Botanical Gardens — Includes the Taniguchi Oriental Garden and Austin Garden Center
- Zilker Zephyr Miniature Train — Wraps around and provides convenient transportation through the park
- Zilker Hillside Theatre — Just as the name says, it’s a hillside theater that hosts musical concerts and plays
- Austin Nature & Science Center — Offers a variety of fun programs for children and adults with themes about science and local nature
- Sports Fields — Includes tennis courts, basketball courts, soccer fields, 9-hole disc golf course, and dog area
Map of Zilker Park
View Untitled in a larger map
Zilker Park Events
- Zilker Park Kite Festival
- Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Austin Shakespeare Festival
- Barton Springs Diving Championship
- Zilker Park Tree Lighting and Trail of Lights
Why Zilker Park Is Important to Austin
Austin ranks as one of the fittest cities in the nation, and Zilker Park contributes greatly to that fitness. Providing ample spaces and fun activities for exercising, local residents enjoy spending days outside in the park. From the 10-mile bike trail to the multipurpose sports fields, there’s an activity for everyone to enjoy and a way for them to get healthier. Name your activity and try it in Zilker Park. You’ll be sure to make friends and gather attention.
Living Around Zilker Park
To match the relaxing lifestyle of Zilker Park, there are a number of pleasant neighborhoods centered around the park in Central Austin. Each house offers spacious living areas, luxurious amenities, and a wonderful place to call home. To learn more about living near Zilker Park, view our current listings in Central Austin by clicking the button below.